Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Random Dozen: Hi, My Alter Ego's Name is Michelle Third



1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?

Tennis. Don't ask me why. I've never been able to do much more than hit the ball....and rarely does it even go over the net, but it seems like a nice individual sport, where mastering it....could be quite fun and possibly lucrative. I would not however, prefer to look as beasty-ish as Serena or Venus Williams...no offense to them, but they are scaryily .....large.

2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?

I like to make an informed decision, but when you're getting your information from the person trying to sell you the item.....it's more gut than informed, I would say. 

3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?

Michelle Third. Yeah, totally sounds famous ;)

4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?
I'm just going to pretend that my favorite music is Hip Hop and my favorite food is Supreme Pizza and say....ya know what...I'd give them both up ;)

{Sense the tone}

5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?
PERFECT, PRISTINE Yellow......thats it. poor haydenalways gets to eat the 'ripe' bananas that i won't touch :)


6. Your favorite tree is? Ummmmmmm does any one know what kind of tress are gorgeously hot pink in the spring? That kind. I want one in my yard........but I don't know what kind.

7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?

5. I know how to work my phone.....but it has all original ringtones. All the new ringtones are sitting in my text message inbox. Stuck there because I do not know how to get them onto my phone.

8. Has H1N1 touched your family?

Not as of yet. We are taking our non-vaccine chances. 

9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?
I am annoyingly analytical. And I enjoy figuring out why and things......learning a lot about the difference between what is my business and what is not my business. 


10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?
Hmmm.......probably a koala. Definitely not the loyalty of a dog. Not a snobby cat.....so apparently I'm somewhere in the middle....what kind of a personality does a Koala bear have, anyway?!


11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?
Ummm. Some more than others. To tell you the truth, I'm not the best at that. I'd like to be, but I'm bad at e-mail and cards and letters and phones and texting. I'm GOOD at having coffee and dinner....anybody wanna meet up for dinner? {I should really qualify that......any non-weirdo bloggy stalker whom I have met before and have confidence in their non psycho murderer-ness....want to have dinner or coffee? Or lunch....lunch is good too}


12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?

I would go to the regular lane. A LOT of times, at least in Iowa, people are nice and if they see you don't have a lot in your cart, they'll let you go ahead of them....we have nice people in Iowa. I like Iowa.

14 comments:

une autre mère said...

Michelle Third... what an awesome celeb name! Mine would be Renae Penn. Not much better... especially if it meant I was married to Sean Penn. Ew.

I am in your hood a lot (in response to your comment on my blog)! Actually I was just there this past Saturday. Maybe next time we should meet up for coffee! I don't think I'm a weirdo psycho blogger stalker.... but I guess I'm not sure...

Jessie at Blog Schmog said...

I love your "famous" name too! ha ha!

On 8 and 9 YOU GO GIRL! Not that its any of my business :) Heehee!

I love your blog, sooo cute. How did you get the silhouette at the bottom. I've been thinking about doing that sort of thing for my header. :)

Very nice to "meet" you

Jessie at Blog Schmog said...

And then my nosy, analytical side kicked in and I clicked the widdlytink button. Of course I HAD to be right so I am commenting again to clarify. I know where the silhouette comes from. No I'm not anal. ;)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Let's have dinner AND coffee! And go to a Hawkeye game together! Sound like a plan? :)

Oh, and I'm not surprised at our similar answers -- have you forgotten about THE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE INCIDENT? Clearly we are peas in a pod ;)

H-Mama said...

What is it with tennis pros and their girth? ;) SO nice of those people in Iowa. We have some southerners like that too! Love it. ;)

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about a crepe myrtle? Those are the only trees I can think of with gorgeous hot pink flowers.

Sara@iSass said...

Trees we have in MN have pink flowers are Crabapple trees, they are real pretty, until the crab apples start falling and you step on them in barefeet. OUCH! My neighbor has one, and I like it just where it is, I can SEE it, but I don't have to clena up after it!

Angie said...

Clever answer to #4, wish I would've thought of that one.

Lots of pristine banana eaters otu there!

I've read a few meme answers - one said a koala was a tree hugger (that made me laugh). Others have pointed out that a koala sleeps all the time, but I'm guessing at the baby factory, sleep is not topping the list.

Love people are nice in Iowa! I'm on the east coast; have a friend from Iowa transplanted here and she would definitely let you go first.

SnoWhite said...

lots of people want to learn how to play tennis ... interesting :)

glad to hear there are nice people in Iowa... not so much here.

Susanne said...

Around here pink trees in summer are crab apple trees. Just gorgeous. But boy the apples make a mess when they start falling.

Really enjoyed reading your answers.

Bekah said...

It's refreshing to see someone who is better at getting together in real life rather than online.

SouthLakesMom said...

Crepe Myrtles make a big mess too, and they're not good for climbing -- you'll need those kinds of trees in a couple of years.

Koalas are really nasty tempered and they eat ONLY one thing...so you're probably not one of them (I don't know what Lidna was thinking on that one!)

I always click your name on Mr. Linky because I'm always amazed you can even find moments to write!

I like people from Iowa too, but not in a stalky way. In a 'my dad was born in Iowa' kind of way. Don't worry, I'm on the East Coast.

Mocha with Linda said...

#9 & 10 made me laugh!

Joyce said...

Crepe myrtles are beautiful!

I said ballet for number one but I'm wishing I'd said tennis because someone else's blog reminded me that I love the cute outfits. I guess when I said ballet I was picturing myself all thin and graceful..I mean if we're pretending to excel at a sport I think I will need the body to go with it! I met Serena Williams once-at Wimbledon...she was signing autographs. Scary is a good word.