Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ripping Off the Band-Aid



I did it.

Yep. It's done.

One of those "hard, right things"

I ripped off the band-aid.

Slowly.....

thinking maybe it wouldn't be so hard to do....

....maybe it wouldn't hurt so badly.

But it was, and it did...

...it hurt and I cried.

Selfish tears, sad tears.

It wasn't like it was a bad thing...

....and it was actually exactly what I wanted.

But, the reality of it still stung.....

...just a little.

But days will go by,

and I will be fine.

Actually, I will be BETTER than fine...

I will be blessed,

I will be humbled,

I will be challenged,

I will be more in love than I have ever been in my entire life....

because it's official.....



I am a Stay-At-Home Mom!
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose."
~ Jim Elliot

14 comments:

Jenni said...

YAY!!!! The boys (and you) will love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Exciting news! You will love it! There is no one I would rather be around all day than my 4 little angels!

-Tiff

Amy V said...

That is great! We should get together sometime!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Amy, this is a great idea--our boys need to be friends, too :)

Cassie said...

Congratulations! Sorry I wasn't around today, I was painting at Kid's Corner for the UW Day of Caring.

Unknown said...

YAY! welcome to the club! It's the best gift you could ever give your boys (and you know that!)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Yay! Welcome aboard -- it's not as bad as you think ;)

Sonya said...

Your boys are so very adorable. I know you guys probably look for ways to save money. Diapers.com has some really good deals on bulk size diapers. If you use the promo code your10off, you save $10 on your order. Free 2 day shipping on orders over $49. I just wanted to pass on the savings. Have a great weekend.

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Just to clarify, I don't think it's going to be bad being at home, and I hope I did not give that impression.

However, the actual process of quitting my job was harder than I anticipated (and I didn't think it would be a cake walk). Because I did/do really like my job...a lot. But I know this is best and it will be good, and God will supply our needs...but it is taking a lot of faith to see that when Jesse's working 24hr/week.

Lacy said...

I know what you mean! I love being home with the boys, but it is taking an extra measure of faith when hours are down at work. Just remember, God will provide, you only need to ask. It may not be what we want, but is certainly what we need. It is a hard decision and sometimes you can really miss talking to someone that can carry on an intelligent conversation (or at least just talking to another adult), but it is the best decision you will ever make. Congrats! :D

Summer said...

Ah so you were still a working mom and just made the change to stay-at-home mom?! Well I don't know about that end of the spectrum (working mom), I've always stayed at home. But those first years of my kids' lives, I adore those memories. I truly miss them at little ages. So, enjoy it!

Debbi said...

The pay is a WHOLE, WHOLE lot less.
There will be no raises or bonuses.
No company car.
No annual reviews.
The hours are a LOT longer.
You have to work nights and weekends.
You don't get vacation time or sick days.
You can't call in for "mental health" days.
You have to work all major (and minor) holidays.

But your new bosses? They are SUPER CUTE!
And the long term rewards are PRICELESS.

Congratulations on your new job Katie!!!

Unknown said...

Amen to your poem, Sister! Blessed, humbled (always feels like a band-aid being ripped off!), challenged, and learning what it is to be in-love (believe it or not, love doesn't come naturally!)......one day at a time! Very proud of you! It's the best decision a family can make (some would argue this, some would amen this, I just believe it). You will grow more in these years than in any job anywhere, with the exception of the "marriage" job! That's a tough, challenging one too!
Love ya!

Laura said...

I loved this!!! It expresses exactly what I've felt since Ivan was born in April - I just couldn't put it into words. Being a mommy was what I always wanted, but the process of "giving up my freedom" to do everything with my honey (almost everything we did in ministry was together along with all the errands) and many times being "stuck" at home (we live on the 5th floor) has been a little hard.