That's how many weeks I am, technically yesterday. And feeling......well, mostly good, but a lot not so good.
I'm now trying some new things to help me stay comfortable. It seems that two babies enjoy "jockeying" for position and I get the butt end of their antics. It's mostly at night, I find it harder to move around and roll over. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I am probably the most sore of any point in the 24 hr period.
Standing and moving around these days isn't so easy either, standing in a stationary position for more than......oh, 60-90 seconds makes me extremely tired, winded (like I've been over exerting myself) and feel almost faint. The dr. says this is because two babies take more blood than one, and in a stationary standing position your blood just doesn't circulate as well. So, he said....if you feel like you need to sit down....sit down.
Let me give you a brief example. At Wal-Mart this past weekend, we were standing, chatting with some friends, and I said, "I'm sorry, I've got to sit," so I looked for the nearest place to rest, which happened to be the blood pressure center in the Pharmacy. My blood pressure was something like 90 over 60, but my pulse was 111. So, blood pressure low, pulse high. Weird. So I sit until I feel better.
The biggest problem is, I'm too proud to often say 'I have to sit!', because it's mostly in church when we're singing, praying or whatever, and I don't want people to worry that there's something wrong with me....there's not, I'm just monstrously pregnant!
In other updates, the new theory that the dr. gave us, based on the ultrasound was not only are there two boys, but we are more than likely having IDENTICAL twins! Which, I'm not gonna lie, makes me WAY more excited about having two boys! Fraternal twins are great, and I know plenty of them that really look a lot alike, but there's always that chance that you have one cute twin and one ugly twin with fraternal.....how horrible would that be?! And if you're going to be twins, you may as well look alike!
The babies are just over 1 lb each, and far from ready to meet the outside world, but it was amazing how much detail we could see in each baby in the ultrasound--and they both look great! Currently, Baby A is in the "vertex" or head down position, and Baby B is in the "breach" or head up position. One of my biggest prayer requests, other than healthy babies, is that they both present head down. When/if that happens, my doctor will give me the "okay" to proceed with a normal vaginal birth rather than C-section. Not that a c-section would be the end of the world, but in order to regain normalcy and adjust to babies as quickly as possible, I would rather not deal with recovering from surgery.
As promised, I'm giving you a little peak into the difference in size between one baby and two babies.....first pregnancy and second. It is not a pretty picture. The above picture was taken last evening, and is really a "twenty-two" week picture. The below picture was taken on February 20, 2008--30 weeks pregnant with Hayden.....one normal sized baby. You be the judge, but from the looks of it, I'm going to be one gag-normous momma in a few weeks!
I've gotta run....I think I just puked in my mouth a little bit! ;)















4 comments:
i think you look adorable. :) don't be so hard on yourself! you're body is nurturing 2 other human beings! you're doing fantastic!
Hey Katie! Ok, so it's about time i commented - I've been subscribed to your blog for about a week now and have been catching up on old posts! You run a great blog! and hon, you look great! I can't wait to see what those two little bebes look like! Take it easy and get lots of rest, I hope you find many comfortable moments in your day :-)
Yay for identical twins! How cool is that??!! :)
...and, Katie, your baby bump (or should I say babies (plural) bump ;) is adorable!
Yeah for identicals! You will be amazed at how different they become. . .even though they share the exact same DNA make-up! It's truly a miracle from God! It's been a blast watching my identical little men get bigger. The bond is truly awesome between them!
-Tiff
Post a Comment