Friday, March 6, 2009

The "Other" Spring Fever

So, I haven't met anyone lately who isn't DYING to go on some kind of warm, tropical vacation, and I'm not going to lie, as nice as it's been, how much NICER would it be if you could layout on the beach and get a tan, too?!
This past week, however, I've been overcome by the "other" spring fever. The "Open-up-all-the-windows-and-clean-the-entire-house" fever. Wash all the sheets (never fear, I do wash them in the winter, too), deep clean all of the window coverings, re-paint, refresh, renew....baby, it's SPRINGTIME!
My deadline--May 2nd. Hayden's 1st birthday party. Lucky for me AND my projects, I have a willing, able husband who has a little extra time on his hands :) Love you, honey!
Here's the "short list"
  1. Refinish two dressers & one "toy box"
  2. Refinish Kitchen Cabinets, new hardware
  3. Finish the Bathroom project from last year :P
  4. Repaint the Bathroom, refinish vanity
  5. Finish the window addition project; install new French door, finish project
  6. New flooring in the kitchen and "back room".
  7. Re-paint "baby" room. (After I figure out what how I'm decorating it)

I'd say it's safe to say we're going to be spending a good deal of time at Home Depot, Menards & the Re-Store this weekend.

56 days and counting. Wish us luck!

No comments: