Thursday, January 22, 2009

Girl Twins, Boy Twins, Girl/Boy Twins....twins, twins, twins

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say for the next 5 months, you will probably be sick and tired of hearing about TWINS. You may even abandon reading my blog all together, but c'est la vie.
Jesse and I found out yesterday..................................drumroll, please.......................that on February 20th we're going to find out if our twins are girls or boys or what combination of the two we'll be having. I am most excited.
And true to form, I've been having dreams all over the place. One dream that it was two girls, and one dream that it was two boys. "Auntie Amy", my youngest sister dreamt that it was a boy & a girl...and their names were Carl & Nancy (I think I just puked a little in my mouth!).
One thing is for sure, naming twins is NOTHING like naming a "singleton". We had picked out the name Hayden a LONG time, I mean YEARS before we had him. And no, he's not named after Hayden Fry. I digress. Naming twins is a whole separate animal...which I may whine about until they day they have names.

The following is my 'name' criterion:
***Disclaimer: this is only MY criterion, I will not and do not hold others accountable for my own preferences.

  • They have to "go" together. Roll off the tongue. Good flow.
  • The second name cannot start with N....or you get the 'Carl anNancy' affect. It's NANCY not anNancy.
  • Good Flow, but not "matchy matchy"...I recently heard of a couple naming their twin daughters 'Grace & Mercy'. For reals?? I mean, I understand the sentiment, but come on people! These are their names for-EV-er!!
  • They cannot be the names of my close friends' children, born in recent months (12 mo. cap--after 12 mos. they're fair game).

So, not in efforts to get the opinions of the masses, but because I can, and because it helps me to virtually verbalize the names that we've talked about, I'll give you the list, and you can take it from there. I think the thing that frustrates me the most is I may not get to use my FAVORITE name because it doesn't "pair" well. What a bummer, huh?!

Girl Names:

  • Amelia
  • Karys
  • Carley
  • Nina
  • Norah
  • Hallie
  • Julia
  • Lainee
  • Presley
  • Brynn
  • Taryn
  • Talia
  • Avery
  • Cami (short for Camryn)

Boy Names:

  • Owen
  • Grady
  • Wilson
  • Cameron
  • Miles
  • Gage
  • Nile
  • Eli
  • Roman
  • Harrison
  • Grant
  • Wade
  • Cullen
  • Case
  • Gabe

Please note that these names are in no specific order, and it is very unlikely that I will name my kids with alliterated names, such as Nina & Norah. But if I wanted to have quadruplet boys and have them all have G names, I would be in luck. I did give the list in its entirety in hopes that I would have suggestions, comments, etc. However, do know, some of these names have been eliminated from "the Running" due to husband/wife conflict of interest ;)

I find much comfort in the fact that, though right now all I know about them is that there are two, God knows them each individually, and knows not only their genders, but has their entire lives planned and their stories are written and He knows them by name!

No comments: