This past week I had my 2nd anniversary at my place of employment. I work at our local hospital as the "Director of CEO Operations", my self-nominated title that means, in English, Executive Administrative Assitant or Administrative Assistant to the CEO.
I am far from the most important person in the hospital, and often find myself feeling very much like a peon. But it's times when I find myself feeling unimportant and focusing far too much on myself that I'm reminded of what really does matter.
From where I sit, I can see the ambulance race off to an emergency of, at times, epic proportions. From where I sit, I can hear LifeFlight land and take off,often, multiple times a day. This past Thursday, it was at least four times. On the same floor of the hospital that I sit, mothers are experiencing the pains of childbirth and babies are wailing as they breathe their first breaths of life. Families lives are being changed in the most joyous of ways, but occassionally they are thrust into the deepest of grief. From where I sit, directly overhead there are elderly people who have lost their abilities to function as autonomous human beings.
And so I sit at my desk day after day and worry about the catering order for tomorrow's meeting and the monthly calendar that needs to go out yesterday and the workbooks for the training class that I forgot to order. $180 for overnight shipping?!? You have got to be kidding me!
I give such little regard for the brevity of life around me that often I forget that I am not the biggest thing happening at the hospital. While God did not give me the emotional stability to deal with the roller coaster of emotions that goes along with being a healthcare provider, but He did give me the ability to boldy approach His throne in prayer for these families and their circumstances, whatever they may be.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















1 comment:
Hey Katie,
I'm adding you to my blogroll! Megan just sent me the link to your sight yay babies!
Post a Comment